The Antiterrorism Assistance program (ATA) is active in four of the five Central Asian countries and emphasize border controls, investigation capabilities, and strengthening the security of the region as a whole.
What does ATA stand for?
ATA stands for Antiterrorism Assistance (program)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ATA
We have 459 other meanings of ATA in our Acronym Attic
- Analog Terminal Adapter
- Analog Terminal and Access
- Animal Transportation Association (Warrenton, VA)
- Annales de Toxicologie Analytique (French: Journal of Analytical Toxicology)
- ANSI AT Attachment (PCMCIA cards)
- Antarctica (ISO Country code)
- Antenna Train Angle (fighter aircraft targeting)
- Anterior Tibial Artery
- Anti Tank Artillery
- Anti-Terrorism Act
- Apples to Apples
- Application to Application
- Applied Technologies Associates (Paso Robles, CA)
- Applied Technology Associates
- Appropriation Transfer Account
- Approval to Award (California)
- Archery Trade Association (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Architecture Tradeoff Analysis
- ARCNET Trade Association
- Area Taxpayer Advocate (US IRS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These efforts included participating in US-sponsored Antiterrorism Assistance (ATA) programs and taking steps to bolster banking and legal regimes to combat terrorist financing.
antiterrorism assistance to the Philippine military's fight against the Muslim rebel group Abu Sayyaf.
Two additional justifications for this subsection now includes antiterrorism assistance and nonproliferation assistance.
GAO-08-336 February 29, 2008 The Department of State's (State) Antiterrorism Assistance (ATA) program's objectives are to provide partner nations with counterterrorism training and equipment, improve bilateral ties, and increase respect for human rights.