5-tonne ATR72 is being further developed for both antisurface vessel and anti-submarine roles, equipped with the Thales Amascos mission system, including the Ocean Master radar.
What does A/S stand for?
A/S stands for Antisurface
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of A/S
We have 206 other meanings of A/S in our Acronym Attic
- Audit/Review Tracking System
- Advanced Supplementary (education testing level; also seen as AS)
- Aerospace Corporation
- Air to Surface
- Akcijas Sabiedriba (Latvian: Joint Stock Company)
- Aktieselskab (Danish: Joint Stock Company)
- All Square (golf)
- Anti-Spoofing (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The squadron's role evolved over the years from antisubmarine warfare to antisurface warfare, electronics warfare, reconnaissance, and refueling.
Yet unlike the multimission (anti-air, antisurface, antisubmarine, and land attack) DDG-51 Arleigh Burke-class destroyers currently in production, the DD-21 will lack the sophisticated Aegis air defense system.
The F-14's only standard antisurface weapon is its Vulcan cannon, whose effective range is, at best, several thousand yards.
41) Lest anyone think this issue is already solved in 2012 (or will solve itself shortly), effective networking is now a "wicked problem" for navies attempting to deal not with a "high end" environment like antisubmarine, antiair, or antisurface warfare but with the basic task of combating piracy.