[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] In the United States and across the world, recommendations on when to start antiretroviral therapy changed steadily over the past 10 years.
What does ARVT stand for?
ARVT stands for Antiretroviral Therapy (HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of ARVT in our Acronym Attic
- Amateur Radio/Video News (video production company)
- Army of the Republic of Vietnam
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Alternate Regional Vice Presidents (air traffic control union)
- Arginine Vasopressin
- Association of Religious Vocation Personnel (UK)
- Autonomous Robotic Vehicle Project (University of Alberta, Canada)
- Arkansas Virtual School
- Association of Racecourse Veterinary Surgeons (UK)
- Automotive and Recreational Vehicle Services (Assurant Solutions; Atlanta, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Starting antiretroviral therapy reduces the risk of tuberculosis for HIV-positive adults in developing countries by 65%, according to the results of a meta-analysis published in PLoS Medicine.
People who do not have HIV are 38 percent less likely to acquire the virus if they live in areas where antiretroviral therapy uptake is high, a recent study found.
Studies show that women are more likely to receive recommended antiretroviral therapy from these specialists than from other doctors.
The efficacy of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-positive mothers in reducing mother-to-child transmission during pregnancy and childbirth is well established yet there are few studies comparing the risks for different antiretroviral therapy regimens.
He improved throughout a 2-week hospital stay and highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) was begun.
Jane's miracle arrived in the summer of 1996 when she became one of the first children in the world to receive highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), powerful combinations of HIV medications that can near totally suppress the ability of the virus to reproduce within the body.