In the September-October BIOCONJUGATE CHEMISTRY, Ben and his colleagues report a new method for chemically synthesizing molecules that resemble sugar-containing antifreeze proteins called antifreeze glycoproteins.
What does AFGP stand for?
AFGP stands for Antifreeze Glycoproteins
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFGP
We have 2 other meanings of AFGP in our Acronym Attic
- American Federation of Grain Millers
- Army Force Generation Model
- Arabidopsis Functional Genomics Network
- Ageless, Faceless, Gender-Neutral, Culturally-Ambiguous Adventure Person
- Association Française du Gaz Naturel pour Véhicules (French: French Association for Natural Gas Vehicles)
- A Fine Good Organization
- Another Freaking Growth Opportunity (polite form)
- As Families Grow Older (educational program)
- Air Force General Officer Matters Office (US DoD)
- American Fiber Green Products, Inc. (Tampa, FL)
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (US DHS)
- Associazione Formazione Giovanni Piamarta (Italian: Giovanni Piamarta Education Association; est. 1992)
- Approved Force Gross Requirement
- Associazione Folcloristica Giovanile Regionale (Italian: Regional Youth Folk Association; Italy)
- Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (photo analysis)
- Averaged Freshman Graduation Rate (government education statistic)
- A'Famosa Golf Resort Bhd (Malaysia)
- Alberta Forest Genetic Resources Council (Canada)
- Aquaculture and Fish Genetics Research Programme (UK)
- Afghan Fleet and Group Services (Afghanistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Heldman of Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, reported on the effects of extra-cellular ice nucleators and antifreeze glycoproteins on food freezing and frozen food stability.
Scientists have added antifreeze glycoproteins to lambs before slaughter, reducing drip and ice crystal size.