Tikrit / NINA /--Police force battalions of Salahuddin province, arrested on Monday afternoon, director of Siniyah district north of Tikrit capital of the province in accordance with Article IV of the Anti-terrorism Act , as police source reported.
What does ATA stand for?
ATA stands for Anti-Terrorism Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ATA
We have 459 other meanings of ATA in our Acronym Attic
- Analog Telephone Adapter
- Analog Terminal Adapter
- Analog Terminal and Access
- Animal Transportation Association (Warrenton, VA)
- Annales de Toxicologie Analytique (French: Journal of Analytical Toxicology)
- ANSI AT Attachment (PCMCIA cards)
- Antarctica (ISO Country code)
- Antenna Train Angle (fighter aircraft targeting)
- Anterior Tibial Artery
- Anti Tank Artillery
- Antiterrorism Assistance (program)
- Apples to Apples
- Application to Application
- Applied Technologies Associates (Paso Robles, CA)
- Applied Technology Associates
- Appropriation Transfer Account
- Approval to Award (California)
- Archery Trade Association (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Architecture Tradeoff Analysis
- ARCNET Trade Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Police registering two cases under Anti-Terrorism Act arrested 30 protesting employees and booked 150.
TUNIS (TAP) - Justice Minister Noureddine B'hiri said that the number of defendants involved in the US embassy incidents reached 122, three of whom are still on the loose, 13 on release but at the disposal of justice, and the remaining others under custody, adding that the accused had been brought to justice by virtue of the Criminal Code provisions and not under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
CAPTION(S): NO PICTURES HERE, PLEASE: West Orchards Shopping Centre has banned photographs inside the site under the under the Anti-Terrorism Act
Leader of the Senate Nayyar Hussain Bokhari proposed that cases be registered even against FM stations having valid licence under the Anti-Terrorism Act if they were involved in dissemination of religious hatred, however, the committee did not agree to his point.
Diab first criticizes 2001's Anti-Terrorism Act as a law that violates Canadian constitutional rights.
Jamie, 32, added: "They had to say, 'We are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act because you're running around in flak jackets and a utility belt'.