The prime role of submariners is anti-submarine warfare.
What does A/S stand for?
A/S stands for Anti-Submarine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of A/S
We have 206 other meanings of A/S in our Acronym Attic
- Apollo/Range Instrumentation Aircraft (subsequently renamed Advanced Range Instrumentation Aircraft)
- Audit/Review Tracking System
- Advanced Supplementary (education testing level; also seen as AS)
- Aerospace Corporation
- Air to Surface
- Akcijas Sabiedriba (Latvian: Joint Stock Company)
- Aktieselskab (Danish: Joint Stock Company)
- All Square (golf)
- Anti-Spoofing (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dubbed "Haedori-Wallaby," the naval exercise will also involve Lynx anti-submarine helicopters and P-3C patrol aircraft, according to the Navy.
For five days starting next Monday, the navies of the two countries will hold a joint anti-submarine exercise in the Yellow Sea," the official was quoted as saying.
aircraft carrier George Washington will not participate in a joint anti-submarine drill with South Korea set to take place in early September in the Yellow Sea, the two countries' combined forces command said in a statement Friday.
Summary: US and South Korean warships and aircraft practised anti-submarine manoeuvres off the Korean peninsula on Monday.