Geneva Call was established in Switzerland in 2000, and its work was initially focused on getting nonstate actors to comply with the norms established by the Ottawa Treaty, which aims to eradicate anti-personnel land mines.
What does APLM stand for?
APLM stands for Anti-Personnel Land Mines
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APLM
We have 2 other meanings of APLM in our Acronym Attic
- Avian Power Line Interaction Committee (est. 1989)
- Association for Population/Family Planning Libraries and Information Centers - International
- Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Information System
- Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station (US Navy)
- Australasian Public Libraries and Information Services
- Australian Property Law Journal
- Analog Phase-Locked Loop
- Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Aragona Pembroke Little League (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Associate Product Lead for Logistics (FAA)
- Associated Parishes for Liturgy and Mission (Rochester, NY)
- Association of Public Library Managers (New Zealand)
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association
- Asia-Pacific Legal Metrology Forum
- Atlantic Protected Living Marine Resources Initiative (US Coast Guard)
- Atlantic Protected Living Marine Resources Initiative
- Asian-Pacific Le Mans Series
- Advanced Professional Logistics Network (shipping)
- Agile Project Leadership Network (project leadership)
- Aperiodically Poled Lithium Niobate
Samples in periodicals archive:
At a ceremony at Kalo Chorio firing range yesterday where 494 anti-personnel land mines were destroyed Brinkert said "Cyprus has converted its commitments into meaningful action on the ground".
Treaties to ban anti-personnel land mines and cluster bombs were established thanks largely to lawmakers of a number of countries who cooperated with NGOs to appeal to their governments.
Similarly, the United States refused to sign the treaty barring anti-personnel land mines even though every country in the western hemisphere except Cuba signed it along with every NATO country except Turkey.
Millions of anti-personnel land mines are obstructing Cambodia's poverty alleviation and economic development, he said.
The MD8 can detect the current inventory of deployed minimum metal anti-tank and anti-personnel land mines, yet rejects mineralised soil by applying specific algorithms that are embedded into its proprietary software.
The doctor also raised the growing world population, biological and chemical weapons, anti-personnel land mines, and abuse of doctors by certain countries as tasks to be tackled by the WMA.