03 million in an effort to assist States in overcoming pressing challenges in the pursuit of the aims of the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention.
What does APERS stand for?
APERS stands for Anti-Personnel
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APERS
We have 2 other meanings of APERS in our Acronym Attic
- Asociatia pentru Politici Energetice din Romania
- Attestation de Prémière Education à la Route (French educational certificate)
- Application Performance Evaluator and Resource Allocation
- Asia-Pacific Education Research Association (Hong Kong)
- Association pour la Promotion de l'Enseignement et de la Recherche en Aménagement et Urbanisme (French: Association for the Advancement of Teaching and Research in Planning and Urbanism)
- Alkylphenols & Ethoxylates Research Council
- Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (India)
- Asia Pacific Energy Research Center
- Association de Promotion des Energies Renouvelables (French: Society for Promoting Renewable Energy; Belgium)
- Andhra Pradesh Economic Restructuring Project (World Bank; Andhra Pradesh, India)
- Arkansas Public Employees Retirement System (benefit plan)
- Association pour l'Expertise et la Recherche en Soins Infirmiers
- Personnel Turnover Percentage
- Aberdeen Population Ecology Research Unit (UK)
- Adiabatic Potential Energy Surface
- Advanced Placement Environmental Science
- Advanced Placement European Studies
- Advanced Protective Eyewear System
- Amplitude and Phase EStimation (algorithm)
- Anticollision Lights; Position Lights; Electrical Source; Spare Fuses (pilot's night VFR additional equipment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
KABUL (PAN): The United Nations, condemning the killing of at least 18 women in a roadside explosion in northern Afghanistan, on Sunday urged the Taliban to enforce their own ban on use of anti-personnel mines.
The Ottawa Treaty or the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention, officially known as the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction, aims at eliminating anti-personnel landmines (AP-mines) around the world.
25 (ANI): Tamil activists have claimed that they have obtained classified documents that show the Sri Lankan military seeking tenders from Colombo-based suppliers for the purchase of remote-control detonators for Claymore anti-personnel mines.
Author: Patrick Dewhurst THE HEAD of implementation of the Ottawa convention on landmines, Kerry Brinkert yesterday praised Cyprus' commitment to destroying its stock of anti-personnel mines.
Summary: KABUL, June 26, 2010, SPA -- An Afghan army driver was killed when an anti-personnel mine in his vehicle accidentally detonated on Saturday, police said.