The service ran afoul of the Anti-Deficiency Act 20 times from 2004 to 2009, the IG said.
What does ADA stand for?
ADA stands for Anti-Deficiency Act (US DoD Regulation 7000)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ADA
We have 495 other meanings of ADA in our Acronym Attic
- Amici dell'Arte (Italian: Friends of Art)
- Amiga Demoscene Archive
- Analog/Digital/Analog (audio CD format, recording/mixing/mastering)
- Analysis & Design of Algorithms
- Ancillary Data Access
- Angus Dortmans Associates, Inc (Mississauga, ON, Canada)
- Annual Diocesan Appeal
- Anomalous Diffraction Approximation
- Another Darn Acronym
- Anti-Deficiency Act
- Anti-Discrimination Association (Ulster)
- Anti-Docking Alliance (UK)
- Anti-Drug Antibody
- Antique Dealers' Association (various locations)
- Anxiety Disorders Alliance
- Apple Design Award (computing)
- Application Development Advisor (magazine; UK)
- Application Domain Authority
- Applied Decision Analysis
- Aqua Design Amano (Niigata, Japan aquarium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the federal Anti-Deficiency Act, federal contractors are required to set aside a portion of their payments to cover costs if a project is canceled, and NASA calculates that contractors are as much as USD991 million short of what they need to withhold.
In addition, while NTSB follows some leading practices for financial management, it is noncompliant with the Anti-Deficiency Act because it did not obtain budget authority for the net present value of the entire 20-year lease for its training center lease obligation at the time the lease agreement was signed in 2001.
E-RATE Congress voted in the Commerce-State-Justice appropriations bill to exempt for another year the Universal Service Fund and the E-Rate program from the Anti-Deficiency Act accounting rules.
Anti-Deficiency Act Last year, NTCA worked with a broad coalition of partners to enact legislation that temporarily exempted universal service and its programs from the Anti-Deficiency Act.
After the accounting change, federal auditors decided that the Anti-Deficiency Act applied to the Universal Service Fund's schools, libraries and health care programs.