A significant upregulation of the anti-apoptotic proteins Bcl-2 and Hsp70 with simultaneous downregulation of the pro-apoptotic proteins cytochrome c and cleaved caspase-3 was observed.
What does IAP stand for?
IAP stands for Anti-Apoptotic Protein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IAP
We have 401 other meanings of IAP in our Acronym Attic
- International Association for Obsidian Studies
- International Association for Official Statistics
- Irish Agricultural Organisation Society (est. 1894; Ireland)
- Institute of Atmospheric Optics, Tomsk (Tomsk, Siberia, Russia)
- International Academy of Travel (Ireland)
- International Aviation Organization Training
- Integrated Acoustic-Optic Tunable Filter
- Improved Aspect of the Hawk (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- International Association of Virtual Assistants (Red Oak, OK)
- Italian American One Voice Coalition
- Illinois Action Project
- Imaging Application Platform
- Immigration Advisory Program
- Immunise Australia Program (vaccination program)
- Immunization Action Plan
- Immunosuppressive Acidic Protein
- Impact Artist Promotions, Inc (Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania)
- Impact Assessment and Planning
- Imprenditori Agricoli Professionali (Italian: Professional Agricultural Contractors)
- Improved Accuracy Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
The results of these studies also suggest the inhibition of NF-kB activation, the suppression of anti-apoptotic proteins, such as IAP, c-FLIP, Akt kinase, and the initiation of extrinsic pathway of apoptosis by induction of TRAIL and Fas receptor stimulation in cancer cells.
The increase of phosphorylated mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), and pro-apoptotic proteins and the decrease of anti-apoptotic protein in MCAO/reperfusion rats were significantly inhibited by treatment with V.
The Bcl-2 family of proteins contains both pro-apoptotic members (BAX, BAK) and anti-apoptotic proteins (Bcl-2 Bcl-xl, Bcl-w) and plays a key role in the decision to undergo mitochondrial (intrinsic) apoptosis .
Finally, when the authors assessed the relationship between EBV expression and apoptotic proteins, they found that in Indian children with HL EBV was significantly associated with lower expression levels of the anti-apoptotic protein bak (1).
RESULTS: We have found that WPE-1 NB26 cells express less miR-205 and miR-31 than WPE-1 NA22 cells, and hence have higher levels of anti-apoptotic proteins like Bcl-w and E2F6, respectively.
SAN DIEGO -- High levels of Bcl-2--an anti-apoptotic protein that promotes cell survival--in urine could be a marker for ovarian cancer, according to a study of data from urine samples from 295 women.