Current theory predicts that the Northern Hemisphere summer monsoon circulation should weaken under anthropogenic global warming.
What does AGW stand for?
AGW stands for Anthropogenic Global Warming
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AGW
We have 35 other meanings of AGW in our Acronym Attic
- Actual Gold Weight
- Actual Gross Weight
- Agendus for Windows (software)
- All Girl Weekend
- All Going Well
- Allowable Gross Weight
- Alt.Games.Warbirds (forum)
- Andrée Gérard Wolff (French clothing retailer)
- Anganwadi Worker (India)
- Angelgeschäft Wehnemann (German angling equipment retailer)
- Anti-Global Warming
- Application Gateway (telecom)
- Art Gallery of Windsor (Ontario, Canada)
- Art Gallery Worldwide
- Atmospheric Gravity Waves
- Automatic Girth Welder
- Autonomous Guided Weapon
- Avon, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (National Health Service; UK)
- All Going Well Weather Permitting (shipping)
- Agricultural Water for Africa Initiative (Tunisia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I REALLY cannot believe the factual blindness with which the anthropogenic global warming (AGW) zealots such as Tony Bennett make their case (Views of the North, April 12).
Many people today believe that anthropogenic global warming is a cold, hard and irrefutable fact.
com [EXCELLENT] "There is no doubting Simmons's commitment to his message but sometimes it comes across as merely gratuitous (whatever you may think about anthropogenic global warming, it's certainly not a 'hoax'--which implies a deliberate intent to deceive by the whole scientific community).
Yet, even a cursory review of the peer-reviewed scientific literature will show that the popular anthropogenic global warming dogma is being questioned by hundreds of respected scientists.
My tongue-in-cheek letter (Simple facts of snow, December 29) in essence, questioned not only Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW), but also how the words weather and climate are being abused by those who think they know, but in reality, know very little.
Largely arid or semi-arid, Central and West Asia is highly vulnerable to predicted increase in temperature and variability, extreme precipitation, and rising surface temperature attributed to anthropogenic global warming.