This case report describes the injury to an anomalous anterior tibial artery during total knee arthroplasty (TKA) and its successful surgical management.
What does ATA stand for?
ATA stands for Anterior Tibial Artery
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATA
We have 459 other meanings of ATA in our Acronym Attic
- American Tunaboat Association
- Amino Triazole (organic compound)
- Analog Telephone Adapter
- Analog Terminal Adapter
- Analog Terminal and Access
- Animal Transportation Association (Warrenton, VA)
- Annales de Toxicologie Analytique (French: Journal of Analytical Toxicology)
- ANSI AT Attachment (PCMCIA cards)
- Antarctica (ISO Country code)
- Antenna Train Angle (fighter aircraft targeting)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In male Judo athletes the brachial, radial, and anterior tibial artery presented the highest increase on the diastolic diameter, compared with the control male group, 27% for brachial and radial artery, and 23% for anterior tibial artery respectively.
Next, the anterior tibial artery is identified by palpating the area between the extensor hallucis longus tendon (which is evident on dorsiflexion of the first toe) and extensor digitorum longus muscle.