Although muscle denervation and reduced CMAP amplitudes do not distinguish loss of anterior horn cells from loss of motor axons (15), these patients' clinical features can be explained only by anterior horn cell disease, since no known infectious processes limited to motor axons produce widespread, asymmetric paralysis without sensory involvement.
What does AHCD stand for?
AHCD stands for Anterior Horn Cell Disease (neurology)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AHCD
We have 3 other meanings of AHCD in our Acronym Attic
- Art History, Cinema, Classics and Archaeology (University of Melbourne; Australia)
- Arlington Heights Community Concert Band (Chicago, IL)
- Agoura Hills/Calabasas Community Center (California)
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System Administration
- Advance Health Care Directive (health decision documentation)
- Afghan Hound Club of Dallas (Texas)
- Alpha-Heavy Chain Disease
- Ambulatory Health Care Data (US CDC)
- American Heritage College Dictionary
- Acres Homes Community Development Corporation (Houston, TX)
- Affordable Housing Community Development Corporation (various states)
- Association of Hemophilia Clinic Directors of Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Australian Haemophilia Centre Directors Organisation
- American Home Care Express (est. 1995; Illinois)
- Association of Hospital Chief Executives (est. 1995; Ireland)
- Association of Hungarian Consulting Engineers and Architects (Budapest, Hungary)
- American Histadrut Cultural Exchange Institute
- American Horse Council Foundation
- Army Health Care Financial Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our search for an answer to her worsening condition ultimately led us to the University of Utah and their Primary Children's Medical Center, where the geneticists informed us that Bridget had something called anterior horn cell disease.