According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, which is part of the Department of Commerce, annual foreign direct investment in the United States peaked in 2000 at $321.
What does AFDI stand for?
AFDI stands for Annual Foreign Direct Investment (business survey; UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AFDI
- Australian Future Directions Forum
- Air Force Department Fire Service
- Americans for Drug Free Youth (Tioga Center, NY)
- Association Française pour le Développement de la Géographie (French)
- American Fund for Dental Health (Chicago, IL; now Oral Health America; raises funds for improvement of dental education; founded 1955)
- Aridity Food-Distribution Hypothesis
- Agir en Faveur des Droits de l'Homme (French: Working in Favor of Human Rights; Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo)
- Air Force DoDIIS Infrastructure
- Aktion Fairness Durch Information (German: Action Fairness through Information; Austria)
- American Freedom Defense Initiative
- Australian Forest Development Institute (now Australian Forest Growers; est. 1969; Australia)
- Actuator Failure Detection, Identification and Accommodation (aviation)
- Association Française des Intolérants au Gluten (French: French Association of Gluten Intolerance)
- Air Force Digital Graphics System
- Alliance for Democracy in Iran (nonprofit organization)
- Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory
- Association for Diversity in Motorsports
- Air Force Directories
- Air Force Dial-In Subsystem
- Air Force Global Weather Central (AFGWC) Dial In System
Samples in periodicals archive:
This staggering sum is more than the total amount of annual foreign direct investment (FDI) in the region.
Investment in high tech, telecommunications, and tourism helped bring annual foreign direct investment to US$600 million in 2004, up from US$454 million last year--with levels expected to remain the same or higher for the region in 2005 due to greater free trade.