Vascular assessment using ankle brachial pressure index testing should be performed to check for peripheral arterial disease (PAD) in two groups of patients: those who are symptomatic (claudication, rest pain, or nonhealing ulcer) and those who have absent posterior tibial or dorsalis pedis pulses (Diabetes Care 2008;31:1679-85).
What does APBI stand for?
APBI stands for Ankle Brachial Pressure Index
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of APBI
We have 15 other meanings of APBI in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Petroleum-Based Fuels
- African Public Broadcasting Foundation
- Anterograde Pulmonary Blood Flow (physiology)
- Association des Parcs Botaniques de France (French: Botanical Parks Association of France)
- Association des Professeurs de Biologie et Geologie (French: Association of Teachers of Biology and Geology)
- Australian Patrol Boat Group
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Advanced Planning Briefings for Industry
- Advanced Planning for Business and Industry
- Alliance Pet Business International
- Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (journal)
- Asosiasi Pertambangan Batubara Indonesia (Indonesian Coal Mining Association)
- Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Network (Australia)
- Anomalous Pancreatico-Biliary Junction
- Antipseudomonal Beta Lactam
- Asia Pacific Breweries Ltd. (Singapore)
- Atlantic Paintball League
- Atmospheric Planetary Boundary Layer
- Authentic Problem Based Learning
- Automatic Power Boom Lowering (System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Use of the ankle brachial pressure index to predict cardiovascular events and death: a cohort study.
Ankle brachial pressure index and carotid intima-media thickness as atherosclerosis markers in Japanese diabetics.