Vascular assessment using ankle brachial pressure index testing should be performed to check for peripheral arterial disease (PAD) in two groups of patients: those who are symptomatic (claudication, rest pain, or nonhealing ulcer) and those who have absent posterior tibial or dorsalis pedis pulses (Diabetes Care 2008;31:1679-85).
What does ABPI stand for?
ABPI stands for Ankle Brachial Pressure Index
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ABPI
We have 4 other meanings of ABPI in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Base Proving Ground
- alt.binaries.pictures.grotesque (newsgroup)
- American Book Publishing Group (formerly Forbes Publishing)
- Androgen Binding Protein Gamma
- Arkansas Business Publishing Group (Little Rock, AR)
- Able Seaman Photographer
- American Board of Psychological Hypnosis (Beverly, MA)
- Associated British Ports Holdings PLC (UK)
- Association of Black Public Health Students (est. 2001; Atlanta, GA)
- American Business & Personal Insurance (Seattle, WA)
- Ankle Systolic Blood Pressure Index (nutrition)
- Associação Brasileira da Propriedade Intelectual (Brazilian Intellectual Property Association; Brazil)
- Associated Business Publications International (New York, NY)
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (London, England, UK)
- Air-Britain: Photographic Images Collection (UK)
- Atomic Beam Polarized Ion Source
- Atombombombpocketknife (band)
- Actin-Binding Protein-Like
- Ammana Bio Pharma Limited (chemicals; Andhra Pradesh, India)
- Anthony Blake Photo Library (now Fresh Food Images; London, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Use of the ankle brachial pressure index to predict cardiovascular events and death: a cohort study.
Ankle brachial pressure index and carotid intima-media thickness as atherosclerosis markers in Japanese diabetics.