People with aniridia can have a variety of eye problems.
What does AN1 stand for?
AN1 stands for Aniridia (genetics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AN1
- Anorexia Nervosa Purging type
- Anorexia Nervosa-Restricting Type
- Area of Necrosis/Area at Risk
- Anticipatory Nausea and/or Anticipatory Vomiting
- Army-Navy Fixed, Radar, Search (RADAR)
- Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian Institutions Assisting Communities
- Army Navy/Portable Radio Communications
- Army/Navy Universal Digital Computer
- anticipatory nausea and/or vomiting
- Army/Navy Equipment/System Nomenclature
- Ascending Neuron 1 (neuroscience)
- Antonov An-12 (Russian military aircraft)
- Aniridia, Type II
- Ascending Neuron 2 (neuroscience)
- Antonov An-24 (Russian military aircraft)
- Antonov An-26 (Russian aircraft)
- Antonov An-28 (est. 1969; aircraft)
- Antonov An-30 (aircraft)
- Antonov An-32 (military aircraft)
- Anim8or (file extension)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has the eye conditions aniridia and nystagmus, which mean he suffers from severely limited vision, but doesn't let it get in the way of his school studies or enjoyment of radio work.
My condition, aniridia, runs in the family and means my vision is like looking through an opaque bathroom window.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] Discussion Cosmetic contact lenses may be used to cover anatomical abnormalities of the iris caused by aniridia or previous ocular trauma.
al-Shuja'a said iris replacement surgeries are both therapeutic and cosmetic, such as in the cases of aniridia (the underdevelopment of the iris in newborn babies), the surgical removal of the iris due to tumors or trauma, heterochromia.
Family flowers only, donations if desired, to the Aniridia Network, Hereditary Blindness cheques only please, 109 Gavin Way, Colchester, CO4 9FR.
At that time she had the diagnosis partial aniridia.