Q We recently had a physician request that anion gap be reported.
What does AGAP stand for?
AGAP stands for Anion Gap (diagnostic tool)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AGAP
We have 9 other meanings of AGAP in our Acronym Attic
- Ambiente Gas Acqua Monza SpA (Italian)
- Angkatan Gerakan Aceh Merdeka (Indonesian: Force Free Aceh Movement)
- Avenue Global Asset Management (Avenue Financial Corporation)
- Action Group on Asylum and Migration (UN High Commissioner for Refugees)
- Airman, Aerographer's Mate Striker (Naval rating)
- Anti-Globalism Action Network
- As Good As New
- Asociación Guatemalteca de Abogados y Notarios Cristianos (Spanish, Guatemala)
- Asociación Guatemalteca para la Asistencia del Niño Desamparado (Guatemalan Association for the Assistance of the Abandoned Child)
- African Growth and Opportunity Act (est. 2000)
- Anti-Apostasy Movement Alliance
- As Good As Possible
- Associação de Empresas de Ginásios e Academias de Portugal
- Attitude Gyro and Accelerometer Package (NASA)
- Awareness Group on AIDS Prevention (Amsterdam, Netherlands and Cape Town, South Africa)
- Alternative Globalization Addressing Peoples and Earth
- Amateur Group for Astronomy Projects at ESO (European Southern Observatory; Germany and Chile)
- Andromeda Galaxy and Amplified Pixels Experiment
- Andromeda Gravitational Amplification Pixel Experiment (est. 1992)
- Association for Guidance, Aid, Placement and Empathy (Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Laboratory investigation of suspected metabolic encephalopathy Laboratory Sample requirements Rationale investigations Tier 1 Arterial blood gas Capped heparin blood on High anion gap acidosis plus plasma ice, plus 1 ml heparin in OAs, respiratory [Na.
In children, a high anion gap acidosis and fulminant hepatic failure, depression of the central nervous system, coma, renal failure and disseminated intravascular coagulation have been found (1).
2] (23-33 mmol/L) 23 26 23 25 23 Anion gap (7-16 mmol/L) 23.
2) Many hospitals are unable to perform EG and MTH measurements in a timely fashion; which in this case, a combination of a metabolic acidosis associated with a high anion gap and osmolar gap is considered the hallmark of toxic alcohol intoxication.
a) results of a skin biopsy to confirm that calciphylaxis is decreasing (b) measure serum calcium to monitor for hypocalcemia (c) observe patient for signs and symptoms of osteonecrosis of the jaw (d) measure serum electrolytes to monitor for anion gap metabolic acidosis 3.
After speaking with the resident, I explained to her that classic methanol toxicity presentation includes a high anion gap metabolic acidosis with an elevated osmolar gap.