The main aim of the workshop was to present and discuss the National Food Safety, Animal and Plant Health Regulatory Authority Bill which is one of the main outputs of the National Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (NAPHIS) project.
What does APHIS stand for?
APHIS stands for Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APHIS
We have 6 other meanings of APHIS in our Acronym Attic
- Adiabatic Passage Hartmann-Hahn (physics)
- American Professional Home Inspection (Wahiawa, HI)
- Animal Population Health Institute (Colorado State University)
- Asosiasi Penasehat Hukum dan Hak Asasi Manusia Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Lawyers and Human Rights Defenders Association)
- Asosiasi Pengusaha Hutan Indonesia (Indonesian Association for Forest Concession Holders)
- American Pie Historical Interpretive Digest
- Advanced Panoramic Helmet Interface Demonstrator System
- Association de Pharmacie Hospitalière de l'Île de France
- Animal Productivity and Health Information Network (Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island; Canada)
- Alaska Public Health Improvement Process (1998 and 1999)
- Animal and Public Health Information System (Department of Agriculture and Rural Development; UK)
- Acquired Profound Hearing Loss (disability)
- Asia Pacific Hotels Ltd. (India)
- Association of Public Health Laboratories
- Auxiliary Partial Heterotopic Liver Transplantation
- Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille
- Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia
- Association of Professional Hospitality Managers
- Association Pharmacie Hospitalière et Médicaments
- Andhra Pradesh Hazard Mitigation & Emergency Cyclone Recover Project (World Bank; India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The opening followed a request from the Veterinary Services of USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service requesting acceptance of temporary testing for H1N1 in order to resume exports.
The soybean rust team, based out of the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, won a team award for "Enhancing Protection and Safety of the Nation's Agriculture and Food Supply"--specifically for advance planning, rapid response and recovery of a disaster that was averted by using science-based and technological strategies or addressing and mitigating risks for a potentially devastating plant disease, the Asian Soybean Rust.
According to Dore Mobley, a public affairs specialist with the USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, "The USDA will have invested close to $85 million by the end of 2006 for this system.
Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
Coast Guard, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Customs, Transportation Security Administration, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Secret Service, Federal Protective Services, Federal Emergency Management and other U.
gov>, and the US Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, at <www.