They were originally, part of the Anglican Communion in New Westminster (ACiNW), a group of parishes, lay people and clergy who left the diocese after its synod approved the blessing of same-sex unions in 2002.
What does ACiNW stand for?
ACiNW stands for Anglican Communion in New Westminster
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Automated Communications Implementation Management System
- All County Information Notices (information sharing documents; various agencies; California)
- Anal Canal Intraepithelial Neoplasia
- Applied Communications and Information Networking Technologies Program
- Asociación de Cabildos Indígenas del Norte del Cauca (Spanish: Association of Northern Cauca Indigenous)
- Automation and Control Institute (Vienna University of Technology; Vienna, Austria)
- Institut für Automatisierungs- und Regelungstechnik (English: Automation and Control Institute, University of Technology, Vienna, Austria)
- Associazione Corrispondenti Italiani in Nord America (Italian: Italians Correspondents Association in North America)
- Aceros Industriales Argentinos
- Acoustic Intelligence
- Activity Chief Information Officer
- Advanced Contact Intelligence Organization
- Advertising Career Information Office
- Aeronautical Chart and Information Office
- Air Combat Intelligence Office
- Alien Contact Intelligence Organisation
- Army Careers Information Office
- Assistant Central Intelligence Officer
- Associate Chief Information Officer (corporate title)
- Association Canadienne des Infirmieres en Oncologie (French: Canadian Association of Nurses in Oncology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Timothy's church, was among the parishes opposed to same-sex blessings and formed a coalition called Anglican Communion in New Westminster.
The Anglican Communion in New Westminster (ACiNW), a coalition of dissenting parishes and clergy seeking AEO said the coalition was grateful that the task force took the time to listen to the ACiNW.
Holy Cross is part of a coalition of parishes called the Anglican Communion in New Westminster (ACiNW).
Eight parishes (out of 80) walked out of New Westminster's diocesan synod in 2002, when the governing convention voted to allow the blessing of gay relationships in the diocese; the group formed a coalition called the Anglican Communion in New Westminster (ACiNW).
it is necessary for me to now withdraw," he wrote in a letter to the coalition of parishes called the Anglican Communion in New Westminster (ACiNW).
However, Bishop Hockin reported, "24 hours later," a coalition of conservative parishes called the Anglican Communion in New Westminster (ACiNW) "unanimously rejected this ministry.
Conservative groups such as the Anglican Communion in New Westminster (ACiNW) and the American Anglican Council also welcomed the primates' stand, with the AAC interpreting it as a "stern rebuke" to the U.