16) Iron deficiency anemia and anemia of chronic disease are the main types of anemia in IBD.
What does ACD stand for?
ACD stands for Anemia of Chronic Disease
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACD
We have 346 other meanings of ACD in our Acronym Attic
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Allocated Configuration Documentation
- Alopecia-Contractures-Dwarfism Mental Retardation Syndrome
- Aluminium Compact Degasser (aluminum industry)
- Alveolar Capillary Dysplasia
- American Center for Design
- American College Dictionary
- American College of Dentists
- American Custom Drying (New Jersey)
- Amsterdams Chemisch Dispuut (founded 1945 student organization for chemistry students at Amsterdam University)
- Angular Canopy Density
- Annealed Cold Drawn
- Anode-to-Cathode Distance (process parameter for electrolysis)
- Antecedent-Contained Deletion (grammar)
- Anterior Chamber Depth
- Anti-Cancer Drug
- Anti-Cant Device (shooting)
- Anticoagulant Citrate Dextrose solution
- Anticoincidence Detector
- Apperception and Cortical Dynamics (psychology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anemia of chronic disease (ACD), also known as anemia of inflammation, is a hypoproliferative anemia that develops in response to systemic illness or inflammation such as infection, cancer, and autoimmune conditions.
A normocytic, normochromic anemia of chronic disease was noted with a hemoglobin of 10 g/dL.
Anemia of chronic disease and hyperbilirubinemia can decrease the specificity of an iron deficiency diagnosis based on hematofluorometry-determined increases in the ratio of ZnPPIX to heme.
Laboratory tests demonstrated anemia of chronic disease diagnosed by a hematocrit of 25% associated with a low reticulocyte production index, high serum ferritin, and an elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate (91 mm/hr), with polyclonal hypergammaglobulinemia and hypoalbuminemia on serum protein electrophoresis.
Together, the Access Soluble Transferrin Receptor (sTfR) Assay and the sTfR/log ferritin index (sTfR Index) act as an aid in the diagnosis of iron-deficiency anemia (IDA) and the differential diagnosis of IDA and anemia of chronic disease (ACD).