Dividing the information in this slim volume between the two sessions, the author begins by providing an overview of US policy in this region before focusing on more specific issues such as radical political shifts in Venezuela, the Andean Counterdrug Initiative and HIV/AIDS in Latin and Central America.
What does ACI stand for?
ACI stands for Andean Counterdrug Initiative
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACI
We have 486 other meanings of ACI in our Acronym Attic
- American Conservative Union (Alexandria, VA)
- American Consumer Institute
- American Credit Indemnity (insurance)
- American Culinary Institute
- Amherst Consulting Inc (South Portland, ME)
- Amicale Citroën Internationale (French car enthusiast association)
- Amplifier Control Inter-Communication
- Amplifier Control Intercommunications
- Anaemia of Chronic Inflammation
- Analytical Condition Inspection
- Anderson Cancer Institute (Savannah, GA)
- Anderson Cascade Impactor (medical equipment)
- Anello Consulting Inc (Cocoa, FL)
- Anglican Communion Institute (Beaumont, TX)
- Animal Cruelty Investigations
- Anixter Communication and Integration
- Ann Clark Associates
- Anti-Corruption Initiative (various locations)
- Apollo Computers, Incorporated
- Appeals Coordinated Issue (US IRS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of State and USAID Bilateral Economic Assistance 18,074,969 Andean Counterdrug Initiative (ACI) 727,155 Assistance for Eastern Europe and the Baltic 357,390 States (AEEB) Assistance for the Independent States of the Former Soviet Union (FSA) 508,860 Child Survival & Health Programs Fund (CSH) 1,591,425 Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, & Malaria [247,500] Development Assistance (DA) 1,508,760 Development Credit Authority - Subsidy (DCA) [21,000] Economic Support Fund (ESF) 2,616,075 U.
The United States agrees with these priorities and has told the Colombian government that we will seek continued support from Congress through the Andean Counterdrug Initiative (ACI) and other funding vehicles as Colombia determines its future plans.
Combating Illegal Drugs and Stemming Narco-terrorism The President's request for $731 million for the Andean Counterdrug Initiative includes $463 million for Colombia.
The Andean Counterdrug Initiative is in part meant to use United States.
Andean Counterdrug Initiative As part of an overall Andean regional initiative, the fiscal year 2002 request includes $731 million for Andean Counterdrug Initiative (ACI), a multi-year counterdrug assistance effort designed to sustain and expand programs funded by the Plan Colombia emergency supplemental.
731 million of the $882 million in ARI is for the Department's Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) funding of the Andean Counterdrug Initiative (ACI).