Rather, the application of Ancient Near Eastern texts in a comparative spirit by the modern scholar yields a slew of etiological tales, local concerns (geographic, philological, political), and an ancient sense of often not-very-morally-elevating insider texts, produced, as Spinoza insisted, for one people, in one place and one time.
What does ANET stand for?
ANET stands for Ancient Near Eastern Texts
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of ANET
We have 2 other meanings of ANET in our Acronym Attic
- Association Neuchâteloise des Etudiants en Sciences
- Association of Non-English Speaking Background Women of Australia
- Asian Natural Environmental Science Center (Tokyo, Japan)
- Aberdeen North East Scotland Family History Society (UK)
- Asociación Nacional de Enfermería de Salud Mental
- Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- Andalusian Website of Anaesthesiology, Critical Care and Pain Treatment
- Associazione Nazionale Esercenti Spettacoli Viaggianti (Italian: Exhibition Shows Association National Parks)
- A Nuestros Enfermos Servimos A Dios (Spanish: In Our Patients We Serve God)
- Advanced Network Engineering Tool
- Andaman and Nicobar Environment Team (Andaman and Nicobar Islands; India)
- Austrian Network for E-Tourism (Innsbruck, Austria)
- Associazione Nazionale Editori Tessili Arredamento (Italian: National Association of Publishers Furnishing Textiles; Italy)
- Association Nature Environnement Techniques Horticoles (French horticultural association)
- Asociatia Nationala a Evaluatorilor din Romania (National Association of Romanian Valuers)
- A Network of Evansville Women (Evansville, IN)
- Animal Network Efforts by Women (Albuquerque, NM)
- Artists Now Exhibiting Work
- Asset Network for Education Worldwide (surplus liquidation alternatives)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Smith's goals in this book are threefold: first, to elaborate upon Jan Assmann's treatment of translatability of divinity in the ancient Near Eastern and Greco-Roman worlds; second, to challenge and overturn Assmann's idea that the biblical tradition completely lacks any notion of translatability of divinity (Assmann's "Mosiac Distinction")--a lynch pin, according to Smith, in Assmann's theory that Mosaic monotheism, in contrast to polytheism, is inherently intolerant and prone to violence; and third, to enrich our understanding of ancient authors' notions of deity as presented in the Hebrew Bible and other ancient Near Eastern texts.
This is a very handy companion to Ancient Near Eastern Texts Relating to the Old Testament and the three-volume The Context of Scripture, the two great modern collections of texts recovered through archaeology.
Vesuvius, Etna, Popocatepetl in Mexico, the volcanic island of Vivara in mid-second millennium BC, volcanic building stones in ancient Rome, Sardinia, ancient Near Eastern texts, and earthquakes and volcanic eruptions in Latin literature are among the topics.
Chapter 7 looks at several ancient Near Eastern texts that deal with cases of individuals killed in foreign territories.
Walton, Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context--A Survey of Parallels between Biblical and Ancient Near Eastern Texts (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1989) pp.
In the same way, the biblical legal corpora came into being through critical Fortschreibung of their predecessors and of other ancient Near Eastern texts (see, e.
The witness of ancient Near Eastern texts For many years now, a great amount of evidence has accumulated that has brought about a change in our view of Israel's relationship to other peoples in the ancient Near East.