In 1973, Anchorage Telephone Utility hired him as a transmission and protection engineer, and he soon became the electronic systems superintendent.
What does ATU stand for?
ATU stands for Anchorage Telephone Utility
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ATU
We have 81 other meanings of ATU in our Acronym Attic
- Albergues de Transicion Unifamiliar (Spanish: Family Transition Shelters; Guatemala)
- Alcohol Tax Unit
- All Terrain Unicycle
- All Things Ukrainian, Inc (North Carolina importer)
- Amalgamated Transit Union
- American Tippler Union
- Amphibious Task Unit (joint military training project; Finland and Sweden)
- Amplifier Test/Technology Unit
- Analog Test Unit
- Analog Trip Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
ACS is a sudden giant within Alaska--now ranking as the largest local exchange carrier in the state, and nationally in the top 15--the company serves the former customers of Anchorage Telephone Utility, Internet Alaska, MacTel and PTIAlaska and operates in more than 70 Alaska communities.
Though the 1990s have a way of turning Greeks into geeks when melding mythology with technology, this new acronymic force, Anchorage Transparent LAN Access Service (ATLAS) might best be remembered for its strength in holding the Anchorage Telephone Utility up with its competitors as telecommunications heads into the next millennium.