Novartis announced today that its investigational compound LDK378 has received Breakthrough Therapy designation by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase positive (ALK+) metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who had progressed during treatment with, or were intolerant to, crizotinib.
What does ALK stand for?
ALK stands for Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALK
We have 27 other meanings of ALK in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Law Journal Reports
- Australijos Lietuviu Jaunimo Sajunga (Australian Lihtuanian Youth Association; Melbourne, Australia)
- Abigroup Leighton Joint Venture (construction)
- Abigroup Liaison Joint Venture
- Activin Receptor-Like Kinase
- Alaska Air Group, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Alkohol (German: alcohol)
- Allergologisk Laboratorium København (Allergological Laboratory of Copenhagen)
- Anti-Lift Kit (Subaru suspension system)
- Association Languedocienne de Kyudo (French; Japanese archery association)
- Automated Limellar Keratoplasty (Surgical Procedure)
- Automatisierte Liegenschaftskarte
- Srilankan Airlines (ICAO code)
- Alkaline Phosphate (blood enzyme)
- Activin-Like Kinase 3 (receptor)
- Alkaline Trio (band)
- Ala Kahakai National Historic Trail (US National Park Service)
- Automatic Lexical Knowledge Base (Columbia University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Others target MET (mesenchymal epithelial transition factor), which has been associated with secondary resistance to EGFR and tyrosine kinase inhibitors, or anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK).
Mutations of a gene called anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) are behind most incidences of hereditary neuroblastoma, a rare and deadly childhood cancer, as well as high-risk noninherited forms of the disease, a new study suggests.