A woman who died from anaplastic large cell lymphoma in France had implants from Poly Implant Prosthesis and more than 2,000 women have filed complaints against the firm.
What does APLL stand for?
APLL stands for Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of APLL
We have 6 other meanings of APLL in our Acronym Attic
- Alaska Public Lands Information Center
- Asia Pacific Life Insurance Congress
- Association of Parliamentary Librarians in Canada (est. 1975)
- Avian Power Line Interaction Committee (est. 1989)
- Association for Population/Family Planning Libraries and Information Centers - International
- Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Information System
- Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station (US Navy)
- Australasian Public Libraries and Information Services
- Australian Property Law Journal
- Analog Phase-Locked Loop
- Aragona Pembroke Little League (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Associate Product Lead for Logistics (FAA)
- Anti-Personnel Land Mines
- Associated Parishes for Liturgy and Mission (Rochester, NY)
- Association of Public Library Managers (New Zealand)
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association
- Asia-Pacific Legal Metrology Forum
- Atlantic Protected Living Marine Resources Initiative (US Coast Guard)
- Atlantic Protected Living Marine Resources Initiative
- Asian-Pacific Le Mans Series
Samples in periodicals archive:
Around 50,000 British women are thought to have had the implants, which have been linked to the death of a French woman from a rare form of cancer called anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL).
Bothell, WA, announced the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted accelerated approval ofAdcetris (brentuximab vedotin) for two indications: (1) the treatment of patients with Hodgkin lymphoma after failure of autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT) or after failure of at least two prior multi-agent chemotherapy regimens in patients who are not ASCT candidates, and (2) the treatment of patients with systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) after failure of at least one prior multi-agent chemotherapy regimen.
Researchers at Rand Corporation said that a systematic review of the literature has led them to conclude that anaplastic large cell lymphoma may be associated with breast implants, but that it is a less-aggressive form of the disease.
The Food and Drug Administration is asking health care professionals to report any confirmed cases of anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) in women with silicone gel- or saline-filled breast implants, citing concerns about a possible association.