Analysis of covariance (ANCOVA) was used to compare treatment groups by race by PTSD scores.
What does ANACOVA stand for?
ANACOVA stands for Analysis of Covariance (statistical method)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Association Nationale des Conseils d'Enfants et de Jeunes (French: National Association of Boards of Children and Youth)
- Asociación Nacional de Campesinos de Honduras (Spanish: National Association of Honduran Campesinos)
- Access National Agency Check and Inquiries
- Associazione Nazionale Amministratori Condominiali Immobiliari (Italian: National Association of Real Estate and Condominium)
- Asociación Argentino-Norteamericana para el Avance de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Cultura (Argentine-North American Association for the Advancement of Science, Technology and Culture)
- Applied Numerical Analysis and Computational Mathematics (international conference)
- Analog Computer
- Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (Portuguese: National Communication Authority))
- Associação Nacional de Assistência Ao Consumidor E Trabalhador (Brazil)
- Antenne d'Accueil et d'Orientation des urgences
- Asociación Nacional de Constructores de Vivienda (Guatemala)
- American Numismatic Association Certification Service (coin grading service)
- Association of Nurse Advocates for Childbirth Solutions
- Agence Nationale pour l'Amélioration des Conditions de Travail (French)
- Accord de Non-Agression et d'Assistance en Matiere de Defense (French: Agreement of Non-Aggression and Defence Assistance; Economic Community of West African States)
- Alliance for Nationalism and Democracy (Philippines)
- Anniston Army Depot
- Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados Democráticos (National Association of Democratic Lawyers, Mexico)
- Associazione Nazionale Attori Doppiatori (Italian: National Association of Dubbing Actors; Italy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Subsequent chapters address completely randomized design, multiple comparison tests, trend analysis, among other topics, ending with chapters on split-plot factorial design, analysis of covariance, Latin square and related designs, confounded factorial designs, and fractional factorial designs.
Changes in breast density were assessed using an analysis of covariance (ANCOVA) model.
We computed analysis of covariance (fellowship being a categorical independent variable) with non-musculoskeletal sports medicine items as the dependent variable.
We also found significant differences between the four racial/ethnic groups on the MRNI-R Total Scale, through univariate analysis of covariance by race/ethnicity on the MRNI-R Total Scale.
Results of multivariate analysis of covariance (MANCOVA) controlling for custody status, counselling status and history, and psychiatric history showed that young black males citing a high frequency of negative social contextual experiences reported significantly greater cultural mistrust of mental health professionals and significantly less positive attitudes toward seeking professional help for mental health problems than young black males reporting a low frequency of negative social contextual experiences.
With the use of an analysis of covariance, with pretest scores used as the covariate, the achievement improvements were statistically significant.