Thirty-five patients received appropriate treatment; 23 patients were given ceftazidime (2 g 3x/d for [greater than or equal to] 14 days) with or without SMX/TMP (30 mg/kg 2x/d), 6 received amoxicillin-clavulanic acid (875-1,000 mg 3x/d) with or without SMX/TMP, and another 6 received SMX/TMP with doxycycline (200 mg 1x/d).
What does A-C stand for?
A-C stands for Amoxicillin-Clavulanic Acid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of A-C
We have 212 other meanings of A-C in our Acronym Attic
- Arctic Atmospheric Radiation and Cloud Station
- Army Armor Board (Fort Knox, KY)
- absolute area under the absorption curve
- Air-Britain (UK-based aviation historical society)
- Research Centre Applied Biocatalysis (Graz, Austria)
- Accelerator Based Analytical Techniques (database)
- Average Bit Error Rate
- Atomic Bomb
- Aviation Binary Phase Shift Keying
- Air Conditioning
- Apgar Minus Colour Score (pregnancy)
- antibodies to citric acid muscle extract
- associated chronic atrophic gastritis type A
- A Cell Adhesion Specific Molecule
- Adherens Junction-Specific Cell Adhesion Molecule (biology)
- Advanced Common Data Link (US DoD)
- Airport Collaborative Decision Making
- Asynchronous Code Division Multiple Access
- Algebraic-Code Excited Linear Prediction
- Advocates for Communities Learning Aquatic Safety Skills
Samples in periodicals archive:
MDR Gram-negative strains were defined to be resistant to meropenem, piperacillin-tazobactam, cefepime, amoxicillin-clavulanic acid and amikacin.
A presumptive diagnosis of bilateral epididymoorchitis was made at this stage, the patient was admitted and was put on amoxicillin-clavulanic acid (1.
Patients classified as SBP-cirrhotic patients were treated with cefotaxime or a combination of amoxicillin-clavulanic acid.
coli DH10B Antimicrobial agent Typhimurium transformant Amikacin 1 1 Amoxicillin-clavulanic acid 32 16 Ampicillin >32 >32 Aztreonam 32 32 Cefepime 32 32 Cefotaxime >64 >64 Cefotaxime-clavulanic acid 0.
06 [micro]g/ml can be considered susceptible to amoxicillin, amoxicillin-clavulanic acid, cefaclor, loracarbef, cefprozil, cefuroxime and cefpodoxime for approved indications.
In the cohort of patients in whom the guidelines were followed, 9 subjects received intravenous second-generation cephalosporin and an aminoglycoside, 4 patients had intravenous amoxicillin-clavulanic acid and an aminoglycoside, and 1 patient received intravenous second-generation cephalosporin and a macrolide.