However amorphous silicon is an attractive material for AMOLED since it's used to make most of the world's LCD displays.
What does a-Si stand for?
a-Si stands for Amorphous Silicon
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 644 other meanings of a-Si in our Acronym Attic
- Anglican-Roman Catholic Consultation or Dialogue
- Asymmetric Resonant Interband Tunneling Diode
- Alex Rodriguez (baseball player)
- Acute Phase Serum Amyloid A
- ATC Sorts Automated Formatting System
- Advanced Scatterometer
- group A streptococcal cell membranes
- Advanced School of Electronics and Technology (India)
- Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon
- Adaptive Soft-Input/Soft-Output
- Adaptive Soft-Input/Soft-Output with Multiple Estimators
- Adaptive Soft-Input/Soft-Output with Single Estimator
- Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control System
- Agribusiness in Sustainable Natural African Plant Products
- Adaptive Soft Output Demodulator
- Adaptive Soft Output Demodulator - Single State
- Adaptive Soft Output Demodulator - Single State - Forward Recursion Only
- Arlington Street People's Assistance Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
But amorphous oxides could also replace amorphous silicon as the active semiconducting material that does the heavy lifting as the channel in thin-film transistors.
The company's first-generation offering -- amorphous silicon solar cells -- hit the market in 1980.
2) Downsizing through integration of peripheral circuitry Downsizing and integration of instrumentation has been achieved by the following: - LTPS employment, which enables a narrower LCD frame than that of amorphous silicon.
The new displays are produced using Sharp's proprietary Amorphous silicon and CG-Silicon manufacturing processes.
Other developing technologies include amorphous silicon, cadmium telluride, and copper indium selenide.