Ammonium nitrate and fuel oil, found from the defused bombs, have been the signature ingredients of IM bombs in the past.
What does ANFO stand for?
ANFO stands for Ammonium Nitrate and Fuel Oil (explosive)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ANFO
We have 1 other meaning of ANFO in our Acronym Attic
- Associazione Nazionale Fra I Fabbricanti Di Imballaggi Metallici Ed Affini
- Association Nationale Française des Infirmiers de Psychiatrie
- Adaptive Network Fuzzy Inference System
- Adaptive Network-Based Fuzzy Inference System
- Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System
- Associazione Nazionale dei Formatori Insegnanti Supervisori (Italian: National Association of Teacher Educators Supervisors)
- Advanced Navigation FLIR
- Anaerobic Upflow (bioreactors)
- Australian Native Foods Management Ltd.
- Associazione Nazionale Famiglie Numerose (Italian: National Numerous Family Association)
- Animal Noise Force Organisation (band)
- Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil Solution (explosive)
- Association Nationale de la Formation des Vignerons Indépendants (French: National Association for the Education of Independent Winegrowers)
- Access Network Frequency Plan
- Agentia Nationala a Functionarilor Publici (Romania)
- Asociación Nacional de Fútbol Profesional (Chile)
- Associazione Nazionale Funzionari di Polizia (Italia)
- Asociacion Nacional de Fabricantes de Productos Aromaticos, AC
- Association Nationale pour la Formation Professionnelle des Adultes (French: National Association for Adult Vocational Training)
- Advance Notice of Final Rulemaking (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The non-nuclear test blast would have sent a mushroom cloud of ammonium nitrate and fuel oil 10,000ft into the sky, visible and audible hundreds of miles away.