259) hypothesized that associations might be modified by a common variant allele of the aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) gene, which encodes the primary carrier protein for lead in blood.
What does ALA stand for?
ALA stands for Aminolevulinic Acid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ALA
We have 341 other meanings of ALA in our Acronym Attic
- American Laryngological Association
- American Latvian Association
- American Leadership Academy
- American League of Anglers
- American Legion Auxiliary (est. 1919; various locations)
- American Library Association
- American Lighting Association
- American Logistics Association
- American Lung Association
- Amérique Latine et Asie (French: Latin America and Asia; European Investment Bank)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A single session of photodynamic therapy with aminolevulinic acid in combinatinon with intense pulsed light can significantly improve actinic keratoses and reverse signs of aging.
Photodynamic therapy utilizes levulan aminolevulinic acid and blue light to kill precancerous cells.