The Amex Airline Index rose by a fraction of a percentage point to 16.
What does XAL stand for?
XAL stands for Amex Airline Index
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of XAL
We have 3 other meanings of XAL in our Acronym Attic
- X-Air Gaming (multiplatform online gaming clan)
- XML Accessibility Guidelines
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- X-Linked Amelogenesis Imperfecta (genomics)
- XML Application Integration
- Extended Application Information Table
- Xrhmatisthrioy Ajiwn Kyproy
- Xylazine-Acepromazine-Ketamine (anesthesia)
- Alamos Airport
- Alaris Royalty Corporation (stock symbol)
- Extended Application Language
- X10 Abstraction Library
- Xenon Arc Lamp
- XML-Accelerator Library
- Extended Application-Layer Structure
- Extensible Access Method (SNIA)
- Merchant Ship Converted Into a Mine-Sweeper (US Navy)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Access Modules (computer programming)
- Extensible Application Markup Language (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dec 21, 2008 With OPEC expected to announce production cutbacks, oil prices spiked briefly on Monday, helping to drive down the Amex Airline Index by 2.
The Amex airline index is up 9 percent from a year ago, while shares of American Airlines parent AMR, and Continental Airlines are trading at their highest since August 2001.