Sydney, May 20 ( ANI ): American track and field athlete Trayvon Bromell has become a sprint sensation after the college student blew away the competition as he finished a 100 metres race in just 9.
What does AMTRAK stand for?
AMTRAK stands for American Track (National Railroad Passenger Corporation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- A Moment to Remember (film)
- Annual Media and Technology Report
- Anterior Medial Temporal Resection
- Apparent Magnetization Transfer Rate (radiology)
- Atlantic Missile Test Range
- Australian Music Teachers Register
- Animal Medicines Training Regulatory Authority (UK)
- Association of Mathematics Teachers of the Rochester Area (Rochester, NY)
- Australian Motorcycle Trail Riders' Association
- Amphibious Tractor
- American Transportation Corporation
- Amphibious Training Exercise
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology Research Group (Nottingham University, UK)
- Amtrak (trains)
- Abbreviated Mental Test Score
- Adult Medicine Teaching Service
- Advanced Magnesium Technologies & Solutions
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology Show (trade show)
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology Strategy
- Advanced Mobile Telephone System (radio communication)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American track and field team said goodbye to the Second City yesterday when they checked out of the Hyatt Hotel to travel to London in time for tonight's opening ceremony.
The dirt course at Nad Al Sheba was a lot bigger, whereas the layout of the Tapeta course is more like an American track with two turns.
It is highly likely that the American Track and Field Team will come here for several weeks of intensive training before moving on to London, while discussions with the Chinese are continuing.
If track and field is indeed a religion, as most of the sport's passionate followers claim, then the University of Oregon's Hayward Field, nestled amid the backdrop of brilliant blue skies and tall emerald pines, is American track and field's charming cathedral.
Coe told BBC radio: "I can't be glowingly happy that a young mother with two children goes to prison for six months but if the message out there is that at long last American track and field takes this problem seriously then it's a positive.
This Master's offers a specialist preparation for an international career and comprises various tracks, including an Asian Track at ESSEC's Singapore campus, an American Track with Thunderbird, the Global School of International Management, and a Latin-American Track with EGADE Technologico, Monterrey (Mexico).
1 Which American track star helped boost the BBC's 2004 Olympic coverage, with expert analysis alongside Colin Jackson?