Also, I have always had a weakness for pop music, and shows like Casey Kasem's American Top 40, that purport to tell the strange stories from behind the music.
What does AT40 stand for?
AT40 stands for American Top 40 (radio)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Agile Transportation for the 21st Century
- Agent Theory to Agent Implementation (conference)
- Automatic TOW 2 Field Test Set
- AFATDS Technical Test Instrumentation Requirements
- Angiotensin II Type 2 Receptor
- Advanced Tactical Targeting Technology (US DARPA)
- Automatic Tactical Targeting and Tracking
- Aviation Electronics Technician 3rd Class (US Navy)
- Angiotensin II Type-4 (gene)
- AT (Army Technology) 4 Confined Space (US Army)
- Atop the Fourth Wall (comic reviews)
- Amstel Televisie 5 (Dutch: Amstel Television 5; news channel; Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Aboriginal Tourism Association (British Columbia, Canada)
- Access Tower (Vandenberg AFB, CA)
- Accredited Tax Advisor (accreditation from College for Financial Planning and the Accreditation Council on Accountancy)
- Accredited Teacher Accomplishment (New South Wales Institute of Teachers; New South Wales, Australia)
- Accumulated Time Analysis
- Activity Therapists Association (Chicago, IL)
- Actual Time of Arrival
- Addictions Training Academy (est. 2009; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On satellite you can hear original American Top 40 shows, recreations of classic stations and, most important, records that have not been burned by constant repetition.
and "Smalltown Boy" and actually managed to crack the American Top 40 album chart with the uncompromising The Age of Consent.
If he had a radio show along the lines of Casey Kasem's American Top 40, he could fill it not with Backstreet Boys but with Mono Lake spade-foot toads and the singing sand dunes of Death Valley.
Elton, who has notched hit duets with the likes of Kiki Dee, George Michael, Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin and Eric Clapton in the past, can confidently expect the song to give him an American Top 40 hit for the 30th consecutive year - he has already overtaken Elvis Presley's record.