Linda L Buettner, PhD, LRT, CTRS, is Professor of Recreation Therapy and Gerontology at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Co-coordinator of the Geriatric Treatment Network for the American Therapeutic Recreation Association.
What does ATRA stand for?
ATRA stands for American Therapeutic Recreation Association (Alexandria, VA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ATRA
We have 61 other meanings of ATRA in our Acronym Attic
- Attenuated Total Reflection–Fourier Transform Infrared (spectroscopy)
- Advanced Technology Reconnaissance Aircraft
- Advanced Transit Association
- Afghan Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
- Air Transport Rating Agency (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Airedale Terrier Rescue and Adoption (Michigan)
- Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association
- Alberta Tobacco Reduction Alliance
- All-Trans Retinoic Acid (aka tretinoin)
- American Thai Ridgeback Association (Thai Ridgeback dog breed)
- American Tort Reform Association
- American Track Racing Association
- Arizona Tax Research Association
- Army Recruiting and Training Agency (UK MoD)
- Assistive Technology Resource Alliance
- Association Tortues Rhône-Alpes (French: Association of Rhone-Alps Tortoises
- Auto and Truck Recyclers Association
- Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association
- Appropriate Technology Retailers Association of Australia
- Adaptive Transform Acoustic Coding
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Therapeutic Recreation Association states the following in terms of a recreation therapist:
A group of expert American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA) clinicians has developed an evidence-based practice guideline for recreational therapy for residents with dementia.