With the guide's release, out-of-towners will learn what local birders already know: that the Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area is the closest place you can get by land to a colony of 65,000 common murres; that Sally's Bend in Newport is a great place to see northern shrike, American pipit and all six species of grebes; and that Sweet Creek Falls near Mapleton offers glimpses through old growth trees of the American dipper, a grey-colored songbird that walks under swift-running streams, eating cranefly larvae.
What does WAPI stand for?
WAPI stands for American Pipit (Anthus rubescens, bird species)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WAPI
We have 9 other meanings of WAPI in our Acronym Attic
- Western Australian Private Education and Training Industry Association (est. 1989)
- West Australian Photographic Federation
- Weston A. Price Foundation (Washington, DC)
- Wisconsin Academy of Pediatrics Foundation
- Worldwide Airport Path Finder (resource)
- Washington Area Power Builder Users Group
- Washington Association of Professional Guardians (SeaTac, WA)
- Wiltshire Agricultural Preservation Group (UK)
- Women's Alliance for Peace and Human Rights in Afghanistan
- Washington Area Parrot Head Club (Jimmy Buffett fan club; Springfield, VA)
- Washington Area Partnership for Immigrants
- Washington Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Water Pasteurization Indicator
- Web Assisted Personal Interviewing
- Weighted Annualized Premium Income (insurance)
- West Africa Peacebuilding Institute
- Western Antique Powerland, Inc.
- Western Association of Property Inspectors
- WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure
- WordNet Advanced Python Interface