The union, the American Newspaper Guild, won, but the new owner dropped the strikers.
What does ANG stand for?
ANG stands for American Newspaper Guild
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ANG
We have 54 other meanings of ANG in our Acronym Attic
- Australian National Four Wheel Drive Council Inc.
- Academia Non Grata (Estonian art school; est. 1998)
- Adaptive Non-Linear Guidance
- Adsorbed Natural Gas
- Air National Guard
- Air Niugini, Papua New Guinea (ICAO code)
- Alameda News Group (California)
- Alberta Natural Gas
- American Angler
- American Needlepoint Guild, Inc.
- Anglian (linguistics)
- Associated Natural Gas (Company; Missouri)
- Netherlands Antillian Guilder (ISO currency code)
- Army National Guard - Base
- Army National Guard - Station
- Alabama Natural Gas Association (est. 1966; Hartselle, AL)
- Anti-Narcotics General Administration (est. 1929; Egypt)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was honored by the American Newspaper Guild for community service and was a member of the New England Society of Newspaper Editors.
She learned, but after she married Urban Dames in 1959, an event that presaged the tornado that ripped through Gaslight square and the American Newspaper Guild strike against the Globe, she interrupted her newspaper career to rear four children (she now has three grandchildren, too).