Second, these papers make use of a variety of data, including old workhorse sources, such as the American National Election Studies and election data, but also data from the National Annenberg Election Study and the 2008 Cooperative Congressional Election Study, as well as data on presidential rhetoric and other presidential preference polls.
What does ANES stand for?
ANES stands for American National Election Studies (Ann Arbor, MI)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ANES
We have 6 other meanings of ANES in our Acronym Attic
- Association Nationale des Etudiants en Pédicurie-Podologie
- Amino-Naphthyl-Ethylene-Pyridinium-Propyl-Sulfonate (proteins)
- Associazione Naturista Emiliano Romagnola (Italian: Naturist Association of Emiliano Romagnolo)
- Auto Negotiation Expansion Register
- American Near East Refugee Aid
- American Near East Relief Agency
- Asia North America Eastbound Rate Agreement
- Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve (Eastpoint, FL)
- Aircraft Noise and Emissions Reduction Symposium (est. 2005)
- Agency for Non-Conventional Energy and Rural Technology (India)
- Americas Nuclear Energy Symposium
- Anesthesia (medicine)
- Asociación Nacional de Energía Solar
- Association Neuchâteloise des Etudiants en Sciences
- Association of Non-English Speaking Background Women of Australia
- Asian Natural Environmental Science Center (Tokyo, Japan)
- Aberdeen North East Scotland Family History Society (UK)
- Asociación Nacional de Enfermería de Salud Mental
- Ancient Near Eastern Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
Drawing on election results, surveys, polls, and data from American National Election Studies surveys, they examine the nomination process; election campaigns; vice presidential selection; voting behavior in the areas of turnout, social groups, issues, presidential performance and retrospective voting, and party loyalties; and outcomes, to see why the Republicans lost the majority, whether Democrats can solidify their majority, and why postwar American politics are so volatile.
They announced the winners for the 2006 American National Election Studies (ANES) Pilot Study at the Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association in September.
We examine the elections of 2000 and 2004, two years that saw the highest levels of personal contact campaigning since the American National Election Studies began asking about such tactics in the 1950s, Our goals are twofold.
edu) conducts some of the most widely-cited surveys and studies in the nation, including the Reuters/University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers, the American National Election Studies, the Monitoring the Future Study, the Panel Study of Income Dynamics, the Health and Retirement Study, and the National Survey of Black Americans and the World Values Surveys.
According to data from the American National Election Studies (NES), far more Americans engaged in campaign activities beyond voting.
Despite commonplace assertions from pundits that the most personally appealing candidate is bound to be victorious, the American National Election Studies data show this was not the case in a number of recent presidential election contests.