Some relied on the American Medical Association or other groups to do their bidding; some had public affairs directors who did the job, and some hired on an as-needed basis "paid persuaders," D.
What does AMA stand for?
AMA stands for American Medical Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMA
We have 503 other meanings of AMA in our Acronym Attic
- All Mods and Admins
- Alleenstaande Minderjarige Asielzoekers (Dutch: Unaccompanied Minor Asylum Seekers)
- Alliance for Multicultural Assistance (Penton, MI)
- Amarillo, TX, USA - Amarillo International Airport (Airport Code)
- Amateur Martial Association
- American Management Association
- American Maritime Association
- American Marketing Association
- American Media Association
- American Medical Aesthetics (Irvine, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Perhaps illustrating the difficulties afoot in answering this question, a Report of the Council on Scientific Affairs of the American Medical Association at different points took each position.
Research recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association should give bunion sufferers more confidence in choosing surgery.
Infectious diseases, once thought to have been vanquished by vaccines and antibiotics, are reemerging as a serious health threat both in the United States and worldwide, researchers reported at an American Medical Association press conference in Washington, D.
Journal of the American Medical Association 1999; 282:1530-1538.
Research published in the Journal of the American Medical Association studied the effect of long-term exercise on those blood factors.