retailer, said Thursday it had quit the American Legislative Exchange Council, a Washington, D.
What does ALEC stand for?
ALEC stands for American Legislative Exchange Council
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ALEC
We have 20 other meanings of ALEC in our Acronym Attic
- Aquatic Lands Enhancement Act (Washington)
- Arizona Law Enforcement Academy
- Australian Literacy Educators' Association
- Australian Livestock Exporters Association
- Airport Law Enforcement Agency Network
- Association of Lady Entrepreneurs of Andhra Pradesh (India)
- Agriculture-Led Export Businesses
- Association Luxembourgeoise des Employés des Banques et Assurances (French: Financial Sector Trade Union, Luxembourg)
- Abbott Laboratories Employees Credit Union
- Alternate Local Exchange Carrier
- American Legislative Executive Council (political group)
- Arizona Law and Education Center (est. 2005)
- Authorized Linux Education Center
- Automated Labor and Equipment Card
- Accords de Libre-Échange Complets et Approfondis (French free trade agreement)
- Arizona Law Enforcement Canine Association (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Ascension Lutheran Early Childhood Center (Thousand Oaks, CA)
- Airport Lighting Equipment Certification Program
- AFWL Los Alamos EMP Calibration and Simulation
- Air Force Weapons Lab Electronic Pulse Calibration Simulator
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Legislative Exchange Council and the Edison Electric Institute, the latter an industry representative for investor-owned utilities, have tagged the developing regulations "EPA's Regulatory Train Wreck," as they claim the new rules will cost utilities up to $129 billion and eliminate one-fifth of America's coal capacity.
Christine Herrera, who tracks health care issues for the conservative American Legislative Exchange Council, says similar bills are being considered in at least five more states.
Arkansas' economic outlook now ranks 12th out of 50 states, according to a new study from the American Legislative Exchange Council, a conservative nonprofit that promotes free markets and private enterprise.
The American Legislative Exchange Council recently released its 2009 "Rich States Poor States" report ranking the economic potential of all the states.
MATT WARNER Director, Education Task Force American Legislative Exchange Council
2007) A new report, School Choice and State Constitutions: A Guide to Designing School Choice Programs, from the Institute for Justice and the American Legislative Exchange Council, catalogs each state's constitutional provisions and court decisions that could affect legislation related to school choice programs.