Debacle In the table of contents of the May/June issue, the American Jewish Congress was mistakenly identified as the American Jewish Committee.
What does AJC stand for?
AJC stands for American Jewish Congress
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AJC
We have 73 other meanings of AJC in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Journal of Biological Sciences
- All Japan Brain Tumor Registry
- Aberdeen Judo Club (martial arts; UK)
- Abergavenny Judo Club (martial arts; UK)
- Access to Justice Commission (various locations)
- African Judo Championship (martial arts)
- Alaska Judicial Council (Anchorage, AK)
- Alton Judo Club (martial arts; Alton, Hampshire, UK)
- American Jewelry Chain Co. (est. 1927)
- American Jewish Committee
- Anderson Junior College (Singapore)
- Anglo-Chinese Junior College (Singapore)
- Apostolic Johannite Church (Gnostic Christian Church; various locations)
- Arabian Jockey Club
- Area Joint Committee (UK)
- Arlington Judo Club (martial arts; Arlington, VA)
- Asian Journal of Control (Taiwan)
- Associação Juvenil de Ciência (Portugal)
- Association des Jeunes Chercheurs (French: Association of Young Researchers)
- Association des Journalistes de la Construction (French journalist association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Jewish Congress is urging Jewish groups and financial professionals to purchase stock in companies that are in the process of divesting, in an attempt to convince those companies to continue to do business in Israel.
The case was brought against the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), which runs AmeriCorps, by the American Jewish Congress (AJC), which aruged that federal money was being used to teach Christian values to AmeriCorps volunteers through the ACE program.
An editorial dated July 14, 1944, in the Congress Weekly, the official journal of the American Jewish Congress, noted that by providing the refugees with kosher food, "the Catholic Church laid emphasis on the fact that it is saving the lives not merely of human beings or compatriots but of Jews.
The American Jewish Congress compared the current situation in France to that of 1942 under the Vichy government.
From 1933 to 1941 the American Jewish Congress helped lead a consumer boycott of German-made goods in the United States in an effort to undermine the Hitler regime and alleviate the crisis of German Jews.