Extracting estimates from the Association of American Residents Overseas, the American Institute on Domestic Violence, and the International Child Abuse Network, there are well over 100,000 American women and children who are living overseas and are victims of domestic violence every year.
What does AIDV stand for?
AIDV stands for American Institute on Domestic Violence (Lake Havasu City, AZ)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Association of International Dance Teachers (est. 1967; Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada)
- American Indian Trust and Development Administration
- Associate of the International Dance Teachers Association (UK)
- American Indian Disability Technical Assistance Center
- Anti-Illegal Drugs Task Force (National Bureau of Investigation; Philippines)
- Army Inflight Data Transmission System
- Arizona Interagency Desert Tortoise Team (Arizona Game and Fish Department)
- Aeronautical Information Documents Unit
- Annual Institutional Data Update (Higher Learning Commission; various universities)
- Associazione Italiana Docenti Universitari (Italian: Italian Association of University Professors)
- Asociación de Importadores y Distribuidores de Vehículos Automotores (Guatemala)
- Athletic Injury Digital Video Library
- All India Democratic Women's Association
- All India Dalit Welfare Congress (political party)
- Association in Defence of the Wrongly Convicted (Canada)
- American Indian Diversity Working Group
- African Initiative for Democratic World Order (Ethiopia; social action group)
- Association in Defence of the Wrongfully Convicted (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- All India Democratic Youth Organization
- Acceptance Inspection Equipment
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the American Institute on Domestic Violence, 96 percent of victims experience problems at work due to abuse they suffer.