He finally found the word in the American Heritage College dictionary and Random House Unabridged, discovering that "spelled tsores, it appears in the 1986 supplement to the Oxford English Dictionary where its first usage is dated from 1901.
What does AHCD stand for?
AHCD stands for American Heritage College Dictionary
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AHCD
We have 3 other meanings of AHCD in our Acronym Attic
- Austin Hills Country Club (Malaysia)
- Art History, Cinema, Classics and Archaeology (University of Melbourne; Australia)
- Arlington Heights Community Concert Band (Chicago, IL)
- Agoura Hills/Calabasas Community Center (California)
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
- Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System Administration
- Advance Health Care Directive (health decision documentation)
- Afghan Hound Club of Dallas (Texas)
- Alpha-Heavy Chain Disease
- Ambulatory Health Care Data (US CDC)
- Anterior Horn Cell Disease (neurology)
- Acres Homes Community Development Corporation (Houston, TX)
- Affordable Housing Community Development Corporation (various states)
- Association of Hemophilia Clinic Directors of Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Australian Haemophilia Centre Directors Organisation
- American Home Care Express (est. 1995; Illinois)
- Association of Hospital Chief Executives (est. 1995; Ireland)
- Association of Hungarian Consulting Engineers and Architects (Budapest, Hungary)
- American Histadrut Cultural Exchange Institute
- American Horse Council Foundation
Samples in periodicals archive:
1) The American Heritage College Dictionary, 3rd ed.
The American Heritage College Dictionary, Fourth Edition (2002, henceforth AHCD4), conscious of the threat it poses, and wishing no one harm, advises its users that "Words known to have current trademark registrations are shown with an initial capital and are also identified as trademarks.