On my arrival at the National Human Genome Research Institute 2 years ago, it became apparent that an opportunity existed to help improve the state of family history in the electronic environment through the work of the Personalized Health Care Workgroup of the American Health Information Community.
What does AHIC stand for?
AHIC stands for American Health Information Community
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AHIC
We have 8 other meanings of AHIC in our Acronym Attic
- Automated Hosting Inc.
- Avian and Human Influenza
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency (San Antonio, TX)
- Association of Health Insurance Advisors
- Association of Health Insurance Agents (part of NALU)
- Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors (Wheat Ridge, CO)
- Australian Health Informatics Association
- Australian Health Insurance Association
- Asociación Hondureña de Instituciones Bancarias (Honduras)
- Affordable Housing Investors Council (Chicago, IL)
- Arabian Hotel Investment Conference
- At-Home Infant Care (state funded subsidy; various locations)
- Australian Health Information Council
- Australian Horse Industry Council (Geelong, Victoria, Australia)
- Art Historian Information from Central Europe
- Association pour l'Hístoire des Chemins de Fer (French: Association for the History of Railways)
- Aboriginal Housing and Infrastructure Directorate (Department of Housing and Works; Australia)
- American Home Inspectors Directory
- Animal Health and Identification (Oregon state division)
- Affordable Housing Incentive Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Health Information Community (AHIC) is recommending that the federal government prepare for a future health IT landscape that includes storage of genetic data within electronic health records (EHRs) and personal health records (PHRs) so that doctors can match medical treatments to their genes.
For example, I am pleased to serve on the American Health Information Community, a federally chartered commission working with the Department of Health and Human Services on advancing health information technology, including electronic health records.
And with the second meeting of the American Health Information Community [a federally chartered commission to provide input and recommend to the U.
While issuing the request for proposal, HHS also announced formation of the American Health Information Community (AHIC), a 17-member public/private organization that will give the department input and recommendations on making health records digital, interoperable, and secure.