After numerous rounds of negotiations that began as early as February, the union representing the Rockettes, the American Guild of Variety Artists, reached a new contract agreement with the Rockettes' employer, Radio City Entertainment, at the end of the summer.
What does AGVA stand for?
AGVA stands for American Guild of Variety Artists
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AGVA
- Alt.Games.Unreal.Tournament (computer games newsgroup)
- Asociación de Graduados de la Universidad del Valle de Guatemala (Spanish)
- Accommodation Getaways Victoria (Australia)
- Anime Grapevine (anime forum site)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Verbraucherverbände (Germany: Working Party of the Consumer Associations)
- Automated/Automatic Guided Vehicle
- Automatic Gas Shutoff Valve
- Automatic Guided Vehicle
- Automotrice à Grande Vitesse (French high speed train, successor to the TGV)
- Avion a Geometrie Variable (France: Variable Geometry Aircraft)
- Australian Greyhound Veterinary Association (est. 1984)
- Aggregated Virtual Circuit
- Automatic Governing Valve Control
- Aberrant Gastric Venous Drainage
- Association des Groupements Villageois Féminins (French: Association of Village Women's Groups; Mali)
- Avant Garde Vie Grand Air (Algeria)
- Acute Graft Versus Host (disease)
- Acute Graft Versus Host Disease
- Access Grid Virtual Institute (Florida International University)
- A2000 Gebruikers Vereniging Kabelinternetters (Dutch cable Internet users association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA) is for dancers in some variety shows, such as those in Las Vegas, the Rockettes and dancers in Broadway musicals without a book.
As for salary, Radio City Productions and the Rockettes have a special contract with the American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA).