00 Paperback HD6504 This directory to American unions opens with an introductory chapter summarizing developments for the year 2006 pertaining to membership and earnings, membership by state, largest unions, the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), the new federation Change to Win, union elections, reporting requirements, and member rights.
What does AFL-CIO stand for?
AFL-CIO stands for American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Association Française pour la Lecture (French: French Reading Association)
- Atrial Flutter
- Australian Football League
- Authorized Funding Level
- Autofocus Lock (cameras)
- Autoland Flight Tests
- Automatic Line Feed
- Auxiliary Fuel Line
- Away From Link
- Association Française du Lupus et autres Collagénoses
- A Four Letter Acronym
- Access & Fairness Leadership Academy (State Bar of California)
- Adolescent Family Life Act
- Africa Legal Aid
- Air Force Landscape Architecture
- Air Force of the Liberation Army (Laos)
- Alaska Family Leave Act
- Alaska Foreign Language Association
- Alaskans for Language Acquisition
- Allegheny Foreign Language Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations is trying to increase black union membership in several ways, says its organizing director, Stewart Acuff.
Union commitment and participation in promoting and advocating jobs for people with disabilities is encouraged by adopted policy of the parent body, the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations AFL-CIO) as stated in the AFLCIO brochure, Working Together: The key to jobs for workers with disabilities, published and distributed to unions nationwide in 1988 and 1989.