The 16 selected papers consider such aspects as interpersonal themes and author stance in student writing, comparing pre-war and post-war data on differential change in British and American English, a comparison of the perfect in Bulgarian and German English-as-a-foreign-language writing, evidence from the TIME Corpus for the transitive into -ing construction in early-20th-century American English, and variation in the progressive in World Englishes.
What does AME stand for?
AME stands for American English
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AME
We have 262 other meanings of AME in our Acronym Attic
- Air Materiel Element
- Air Mobility Element
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Transport Canada)
- Airlift Mobility Element
- Airspace Management Element
- Alaska Materials Exchange
- Alliance of Manufacturers and Exporters (Canada)
- Alternate Mission Equipment
- AmEditor (Livingston, NJ)
- Amelia Mary Earhart (pilot)
- Amplitude Modulation Equivalent
- Annually Managed Expenditure
- Antenna Mounted Electronics (US DoD)
- Antenna Mounted Equipment
- Apparent Metabolizable Energy
- Apparent Mineralocorticoid Excess
- Applause Media Entertainment (Japan)
- Arms and Military Equipment
- Arts, Media and Engineering Program (Arizona State University)
- Asociación de Médicos Escritores (Spanish, Guatemala)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is thought that the trickiest translation for Siri will be from American English to British English.
British English and American English continue to be very distinct entities and the way both sets of speakers pronounce words continues to differ,aid Jonnie Robinson, curator of sociolinguists at the British Library.
New to the 15th edition New features in the 15th edition include: * Updated material throughout to reflect current style, technology and professional practice * New coverage of journals and electronic publications * Comprehensive new chapter on American English grammar and usage by Bryan A.
American English Compendium Marv Rubinstein Schreiber Publishing 51 Monroe Street, Suite 101, Rockville, MD 20850 0884003167 $27.
A readable introduction to American English accounts for the shift from British style.
that black English and standard American English are growing more widely apart in grammar, pronunciation, and more.