The report finds that President Bush's proposed budget for FY 2008 continues the American Competitiveness Initiative (ACI) plan introduced last year to boost federal investments in physical sciences research for three key federal agencies.
What does ACI stand for?
ACI stands for American Competitiveness Initiative (US government)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACI
We have 487 other meanings of ACI in our Acronym Attic
- Alltel Communications Inc.
- Amano Cincinnati, Inc. (Roseland, NJ)
- America's Career Infonet
- American Century Investments (Kansas City, MO)
- American Chemical, Inc. (Texas and Minnesota)
- American Cinema International (entertainment company; Van Nuys, CA)
- American Cleaning Institute (formerly Soap and Detergent Association)
- American College Institute (Izmir, Turkey high school)
- American Color Imaging (Cedar Falls, IA)
- American Combustion Industries Inc.
- American Competitiveness Institute (Philadelphia, PA, USA)
- American Concrete Institute
- American Conference Institute (New York, NY)
- American Conservative Union (Alexandria, VA)
- American Consumer Institute
- American Credit Indemnity (insurance)
- American Culinary Institute
- Amherst Consulting Inc (South Portland, ME)
- Amicale Citroën Internationale (French car enthusiast association)
- Amplifier Control Inter-Communication
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the many features are: an overview of the current state of the teaching profession and what is being done to place a high-quality teacher in every classroom; innovative and alternative strategies to recruit, train and reward effective teachers; and how programs like the Teacher Incentive Fund, along with the proposed Adjunct Teacher Corps and other teacher quality programs under the American Competitiveness Initiative, are designed to strengthen our nation's teachers, schools and students.
The American Competitiveness Initiative will help us expand the United States' leadership in math and science and will allow us to continue to grow our nation's economy.
President Bush's American Competitiveness Initiative is an administration-wide plan to strengthen our ability to compete.
The American Competitiveness Initiative announced during the President's State of the Union message includes a proposal to make the research credit a permanent part of the Internal Revenue Code.
But Bush is requesting $136 billion over 10 years for the American Competitiveness Initiative, which would emphasize math instruction from early grades and ensure high schools offer more challenging coursework.