In comparative literature, that shift of focus was acknowledged in the 1993 report of the American Comparative Literature Association entitled Comparative Literature in the Age of Multiculturalism with articles by US-American scholars in comparative literature.
What does ACLA stand for?
ACLA stands for American Comparative Literature Association (Austin, TX)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACLA
We have 52 other meanings of ACLA in our Acronym Attic
- Automotive Components Limited (various companies)
- Automotive Components Ltd (Australia)
- Automove Control Language
- Auxiliary Cooling Loop
- Available Cabin Load
- Average Contaminant Level
- Alarm and Control 1 (NEC)
- A Computational Logic for Applicative Common Lisp
- All China Lawyers Association (China)
- American Coalition of Life Activists (anti-abortion group)
- Apartment Council of Louisiana
- Asian Canadian Labour Alliance
- Asociación Civil Los Algarrobos (Spanish: Algarrobos Civil Partnership; Argentina)
- Associate Commissioner for Legislative Affairs
- Association Canadienne de Linguistique Appliquée (French: Canadian Association of Applied Linguistics)
- Attach-to-Close Locator Algorithm
- Australian Council of Livestock Agents
- Automobile Claim Law Associate (insurance)
- Área de Conservación la Amistad-Caribe (Spanish: La Amistad Conservation Area-Caribbean; Costa Rica)
- Asian Conference on Lactic Acid Bacteria
Samples in periodicals archive:
This report from the American Comparative Literature Association shows that analysis of literature on a global scope can provide important insights into cultural differences and similarities.