17, members of the Massachusetts/Rhode Island chapter of The American Chestnut Foundation and the Westborough Conservation Commission planted 150 American chestnuts in the woods near Sandra Pond as part of a process to develop blight-resistant American chestnut trees and reintroduce them to Westboro's forests.
What does ACF stand for?
ACF stands for American Chestnut Foundation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACF
We have 316 other meanings of ACF in our Acronym Attic
- Alameda County Fire Department (California)
- Alaska Conservation Foundation
- Algebraically Closed Field (mathematics)
- All Chiru Fans
- Alliance for Children and Families (merger of FSA and NAHSC)
- Alternate Command Facility
- Alternative Care Facility
- Ambulatory Care Facility
- American Canine Foundation
- American Checker Federation
- American Cinema Foundation
- American Communications Foundation
- American Composers Forum
- American Crossword Federation
- American Culinary Federation
- Amorphous Carbon Fluoride
- Analysis, Correlation, and Fusion (Air Space Ops Ctr)
- Anarchist Communist Federation
- Angular Correlation Function
- Animal Care Foundation (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
That's the merest wisp of what Peattie described; "But we're excited," says Meghan Jordan of the American Chestnut Foundation (ACF), which supplied the trees.
The American Chestnut Foundation hopes that its breeding program will achieve complete success within another 30 to 50 years.
He founded the American Chestnut Foundation to approach the problem from a different angle.
While it will take around 10 to 15 years to determine whether these five seedlings will thrive against the blight fungus, members of the American Chestnut Foundation and the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife remain hopeful.
During the last decade, Carroll County, in partnership with the American Chestnut Foundation, has developed a unique STEM (science, technology, environment, math) curriculum around restoring the chestnut.